Oakmoss – the warm, natural woody aroma enriching any perfume composition
Oakmoss, also known as Mousse de Chene, or tree moss, is a fragrance note that evokes the feeling of a forest carpet. It is an essential part of Chypre and Fougère perfumes. Today the use of naturally extracted oakmoss is severely restricted, because of concerns regarding skin sensitization. However, with the help of modern technology, many perfume houses have managed to keep the heart of their oakmoss perfumes and still comply with the IFRA regulations.
Oakmoss is a fungus that is found in the north part of the world and has a lot of color varieties – from light green and white to dark green and even yellowish. It can be found on the trunks and branches of oak trees.
In perfumery oakmoss used to be among the most common perfume ingredients due to its great fixative properties. Except for them, oakmoss has an important role in improving the longevity of the perfume composition. Moreover, it adds a warm, natural woody aroma to any perfume.
A preferred ingredient for oriental perfumes, the sensual oakmoss goes very well with green, woody, and floral notes like patchouli, vetiver, lavender, cedar, chamomile, clove, labdanum, nutmeg, sandalwood, tobacco, tonka bean, and vanilla.
In the past oakmoss was also famous for its healing properties. There was a belief that plants resembling a certain part of the human body have healing powers over this part. Oakmoss resembles human lungs and it is proven to have lung healing properties (it contains natural antibiotics that fight the tuberculosis bacteria). It is also believed to have wound-healing, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Unbelievably, oakmoss has not only healing but also magical properties! If you believe in magic, you may find it interesting that oakmoss can be used to bring luck, money, protection, and strength to your life. So, wait no more and get a perfume with oakmoss in it that can turn your luck and help you get rich, powerful, and strong!
You will find a variety of perfumes with an oakmoss note in them in our online shop. Here are some of them:
- Armani Eau Pour Homme EDT for men
- Azzaro Chrome EDT for men
- Benetton Hot EDT for women
- Boss Nuit Pour Femme Intense EDP for women
- Boucheron Pour Femme EDP for women
- Burberry London EDT for men
- Bvlgari Black EDT for men and women
- Bvlgari Pour Homme EDT for men
- Carolina Herrera CH EDT for men
- Chanel No 5 EDT for women
- D&G Light Blue EDT for men
- Davidoff Champion EDT for men
- Dior Dune EDT for women
- Emporio Armani He EDT for men
- Estee Lauder Knowing EDP for women
- Estee Lauder Pleasures EDC for men
- Lalique Perles De Lalique EDP for women
- Mont Blanc Individuel EDT for men
- Mont Blanc Legend EDT for men
- Moschino Funny! EDT for women
- Paco Rabanne Invictus EDT for men
- Trussardi Uomo 2011 EDT for men
Do you have a favorite perfume with oakmoss in it? Share it with us in the comments below!