Sandalwood – one of the best choices for the cold winter months
When it comes to fragrances, one of the best choices for the cold winter months is the classic oriental aroma of sandalwood. It is warm, sweet, spicy, and sensuous and it blends very well with many other notes, such as lavender, patchouli, jasmine, benzoin, and bergamot. This rich and smoky wooden note will not betray you by fading away easily. It will not only bring passion to your life, but also help you fight stress, get energized, and feel sexier than ever.
Sandalwood note is extracted from Santalum trees. These are relatively small evergreen trees with distinctive fragrance (unlike other aromatic trees, Santalum trees keep their fragrance for many years). Indian Mysore sandalwood is considered the best quality, but it is an endangered species and nowadays one of the largest producers of sandalwood oil is Australia. An interesting fact about sandalwood is that quality sandalwood oil can be extracted from trees that are at least 15 years old. It is so expensive that, when harvested, the whole tree is removed, so that even its roots can be used.
Used mainly in men’s perfumes, sandalwood is also a bоld choice for independent women who are not afraid to express themselves. As New York, City-based fragrance editor Candice Sabatini explains, “Too often woods are associated with masculine fragrances, but it’s not necessarily so. The soft creamy sandalwood is used for perfumes in the oriental family of scents and can be very feminine. It’s often paired with tonka bean, patchouli, or amber, but a good perfumer is careful not to make a cloying or cheap hippie mix.”
Sandalwood has been well known since Antiquity. Throughout the years it has been used for spiritual rituals and ceremonies. It is essential for many religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Chinese and Japanese religions. Sandalwood is also used in medicine – in the past, it was widely used as an antiseptic as well as a remedy against depression. It is also considered one of the best aphrodisiacs.
You can find a lot of perfumes with sandalwood on our website. Here are some of them:
- Armani Code EDP for women
- Armani Eau Pour Homme EDT for men
- Azzaro Chrome EDT for men
- Baldessarini EDC for men
- Boss Bottled EDT for men
- Boss Bottled Night EDT for men
- Boss Nuit Pour Femme Intense EDP for women
- Burberry Body EDP for women
- Burberry London EDP for women
- Burberry Original Men EDT for men
- Burberry Weekend EDP for women
- Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline L’Eau De Parfum EDP for women
- Calvin Klein Encounter Fresh EDT for men
- Calvin Klein Endless Euphoria EDP for women
- Carolina Herrera 212 EDT for men
- Carolina Herrera CH Men Sport EDT for men
- Cerruti 1881 Pour Femme EDT for women
- Chanel Coco Noir EDP for women
- D&G The One Desire EDP for women
- Davidoff Cool Water EDT for men
- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme 2012 EDP for women
What perfumes do you think sandalwood is better for men or women? What is your favorite sandalwood perfume? Share it with us in the comments below!