Oriental notes in perfumes – intense, mysterious, and sensual
Bold and alluring, oriental perfumes are intense, mysterious, and sensual. You will not make a mistake if you decide to use an oriental fragrance for an evening out. Famous for their spicy notes, oriental perfumes often feature exotic fragrance notes from all over the world. Oriental fragrances fall into several subcategories, including floral oriental, soft oriental, woody oriental, etc. depending on the mix of notes in the perfume. Here are some of the notes that make an oriental perfume deserve its name:
- Cinnamon – this sweet and sensuous spice is widely used in the food industry, but it also makes a very distinguishable note in fragrances. Except for its unique flavor, it is also popular for its aphrodisiac properties. Cinnamon blends very well with citrus notes in perfumes. It is a curious fact that there are many people who actually make their own homemade cinnamon perfumes! A nice representative of a perfume with a cinnamon note in it is Made to Measure EDT for men by Gucci.
- Clove – even though most people consider clove a spice (because of its powerful and unique scent), it is actually a dried flower bud. Like cinnamon, clove is widely used both in the food industry and in perfumery. Apart from this, it is also used in medicine as a pain-killer. A very good clove perfume is Armani Eau Pour Homme EDT for men.
- Vanilla – vanilla is another very famous fragrance note that has won millions of hearts with its sweet and alluring fragrance reminding us of our childhood. The production of natural vanilla is a very long and expensive process, so there are many perfume houses that use its synthetic version instead. A classical vanilla perfume is Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial EDP for women.
- Incense – mainly used for religious purposes, incense has found its place in the contemporary perfumery world as well. Throughout the years, incense has played an important role is almost any culture all over the world. Nowadays, it is used as a fragrance note in many oriental perfumes due to its warm and comforting smell. An incense perfume we would recommend is Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir EDP for men.
- Amber – charming and warm, amber is another favorite perfume ingredient for oriental fragrances. Actually, amber is not a note – it is rather a feeling of the perfume. A fresh, yet impressively strong amber perfume is Chloe EDP for women.
- Sandalwood – a classical oriental note, sandalwood is famous for its soft, sweet, and rich woody scent. It is a very powerful note, which makes it perfect for a signature scent. A very sophisticated sandalwood perfume is Chanel Coco Noir EDP for women.
It is a widely known fact that oriental perfumes are among the best-selling perfumes all over the world. It is not a surprise as these warm and sexy fragrances are super long-lasting, deep, and distinguishable. Do you have a favorite perfume among the oriental fragrances?